The Vision of the Council is to create a robust and vibrant eco-system for development of a skilled workforce matching globally recognized standards for Life Sciences Sector in India, benefiting all stakeholders. This, whilst ensuring a sustained supply of skilled workforce, across functional areas and levels, will provide meaningful livelihood opportunities to a multitude of people in Pharmaceuticals, Bio Technology and Clinical Research space in India.
The Life Sciences Skill Sector Council, established by and for the sector, will serves to address skill gaps in Life Sciences space by helping to generate a sustained stream of high quality skilled individuals, approx. 3.4 mn in number—over 10 years, matching globally recognized skill standards. This will ensure growth and competitiveness of Sector, whilst giving these individuals access to gainful employment in this space
The Life Sciences Sector in India faces significant skill gaps , in both qualitative and quantitative terms. LSSSDC seeks to address this by focusing on sector-specific competencies/skills, quality assurance through accreditation of skills acquired by trainees, curriculum development for skills training, qualification framework and setting of standards and benchmarks, aiding in recruitment and placement of trained and skilled workforce, and becoming a repository of information. It will do so by adopting a demand (industry) led, quality focused, scalable and sustainable model— which has full support and involvement of all stakeholders, and in particular the industry
- Carry out a Functional and Occupational Mapping and develop a Catalogue of Industry Occupations / Job Roles in Life Sciences sector
- Develop & Set National Occupational Standards for Job Roles in the sector
- Develop & Put in place an Assessment & Certification mechanism for Accreditation of Training Institutes / Trainees and Trainers
- Set-up Centres of Excellence
- Put in Place an Effective Labour Market Intelligence System