Skill Vigyan – Department of Biotechnology
The Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology is seeking proposals from Universities/R&D Institutions/State Councils of Science & Technology for establishment of partnership Centre with Department of Biotechnology for Skill Development Programme, Entrepreneurship Development Programme for students and faculty improvement programme in Biotechnology.
The Department of Biotechnology will provide support for following activities to :
DBT Partnership Skill Development Centre:
There is no need to create a de-novo new centre, an existing facilities in universities/institutes could be suitably modified and strengthened to act as a Centre. This centre will be expected to create a network by developing strong linkages with top academic institutions and research laboratories.
The core activities of the centre will be:
- Study of demand and supply of trained skilled manpower in the State and identification of gaps for initiating new programmes.
- Study of available skill development programmes in the country and overseas and to adapt and adopt a suitable model.
- To prepare a plan for training of teachers, students and entrepreneurs, framing course curriculum with duration.
- Identification of experts and partner institutes for conducting specific technique based skill development programmes, entrepreneurship development programmes and faculty improvement programmes.
- Conduct skill development programmes for school pass outs and undergraduate students.
- Conduct entrepreneurship development programmes in collaboration with industry associations.
Who can apply?
Website: : http://www.dbtindia.nic.in/proposal-for-skill-development-programme/
- University, Training Institute, Research Institute, State Councils/Organization with proven track record of conducting teaching/ training programmes in Biotechnology.
- The programme implementing University, Training Institute, Research Institute, State Councils/Organization should have requisite networking and linkages with other academic and research institutions to take advantage of existing expertise.
- The institution should be eligible for receiving Government funds/grants. Evidence of successful (technical and financial) implementation of minimum two projects funded by any Government agency should be attached.