Effective as of July 3, 2020.
Thank you for using LSSSDC’s E-Learning Products and Professional Services!
Using LSSSDC’s E-Learning Products and Professional Services
Who May Use our Services
You may use our Services only if you can form a binding contract with LSSSDC, and only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable laws. When you enrol for LSSSDC’s student account/ fellowship program, and subsequently when you use certain features, you must provide us with accurate and complete information, and you agree to update your information to keep it accurate and complete. Any use or access by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited, and certain regions and Content Offerings may have additional requirements and/or restrictions.
Our License to You
Subject to these Terms and our policies (including the Acceptable Use Policy, Code of Conduct, and course-specific eligibility requirements, and other terms), we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Services. You may download content from our Services only for your personal, non-commercial use, unless you obtain LSSSDC's written permission to otherwise use the content. You also agree that you will create, access, and/or use only one user account, unless expressly permitted by LSSSDC, and you will not share with any third party access to or access information for your account. Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you access.
Changes to Content Offerings
LSSSDC offers courses and content ("Content Offerings") from its copyrighted portfolio and other providers ("Content Providers"). While we seek to provide world-class Content Offerings from our Content Providers, unexpected events do occur. LSSSDC reserves the right to cancel, interrupt, reschedule, or modify any Content Offerings, or change the point value or weight of any assignment, quiz, or other assessment. Content Offerings are subject to the Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability sections below.
No Academic Credit / NSQF Certificate
Unless otherwise explicitly indicated by a credit-granting institution, participation in fellowship programs or completion of Content Offering does not confer any academic credit/ NSQF certification. Even if credit is awarded by one institution, there is no presumption that other institutions will accept that credit. You agree not to accept credit for completing a Content Offerings unless you have earned a Course Certificate or other equivalent documentation of your completion of the Content Offerings. LSSSDC, instructors, and the associated Content Providers have no obligation to have Content Offerings recognized by any educational institution or accreditation organization or from National Skill Development Corporation or from Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship.
Disclaimer of Student-Partner Relationship
Except as described in the certificate program section, nothing in these Terms or otherwise with respect to your participation in any Content Offerings by university or company partners ("Partners") : (a) establishes any relationship between you and any Partner; (b) enrols or registers you in any Partner institution, or in any Content Offering offered by any Partner institution; or (c) entitles you to use the resources of any Partner institution beyond participation in the Content Offering.
The Services enable you to share your content, such as homework, quizzes, exams, projects, other assignments you submit, posts you make in the forums, and the like ("User Content"), with LSSSDC, instructors, and/or other users. You retain all intellectual property rights in, and are responsible for, the User Content you share. User Content does not include course content or other materials made available on or placed on to the LSSSDC platform by or on behalf of LSSSDC’s Content Providers or their instructors using LSSSDC’s web/ mobile applications, the Content Offerings; as between LSSSDC and its Content Providers, such Content Offerings are governed by the relevant agreements in place between LSSSDC and its Content Providers.
How LSSSDC and Others May Use User Content
To the extent that you provide User Content, you grant LSSSDC a fully-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, sub-licensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use the User Content. This license includes granting LSSSDC the right to authorize Partners to use User Content with their registered students, associate fellow members, or other learners independent of LSSSDC’s web and mobile applications. Nothing in these Terms shall restrict other legal rights LSSSDC may have to User Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these Terms.
We welcome your suggestions, ideas, comments, and other feedback regarding the LSSSDC’s web and mobile applications and its content ("Feedback"). By submitting any Feedback, you grant us the right to use the Feedback without any restriction or any compensation to you. By accepting your Feedback, LSSSDC does not waive any rights to use similar or related Feedback previously known to LSSSDC, developed by its employees or contractors, or obtained from other sources.
We care about the security of our users. While we work to protect the security of your account and related information, LSSSDC cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security measures. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorized use of your account by emailing INFO@LSSSDC.IN .
All payment details which are entered through this payment gateway are encrypted when the party making payment, enters them. Communications to and from the Service Provider’s site are encrypted.
The LSSSDC shall not be liable for any failure by party making payment of Fees to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such persons, during the online payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the online payment process.
Third Party Content
Through the web and mobile applications offered by LSSSDC, you will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by instructors, other users, and/or other third parties and links to websites and services maintained by third parties. LSSSDC cannot guarantee that such third party content, in the Services or elsewhere, will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise inappropriate or of malware or other contaminants that may harm your computer, mobile device, or any files therein. LSSSDC disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access or use of, or inability to access and use, such third party content.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
LSSSDC respects the intellectual property rights of our users, Content Providers, and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the LSSSDC’s Web and Mobile applications. We have adopted and implemented the LSSSDC’s Copyright and Trademark Policy in accordance with applicable law, including The Copyright Act, 1957 and the Copyright rules 1958.
Vocational Education Research
LSSSDC is committed to advancing the science of vocational learning and teaching, and records of your participation in courses may be used for vocational education research. In the interest of this research, you may be exposed to variations in the Content Offerings. Research findings will typically be reported at the aggregate level. Your personal identity will not be publicly disclosed in any research findings without your express consent.
Paid Services from LSSSDC
LSSSDC offers paid Services (e.g., Course Certificates for certain courses, fellowship programs) for a fee. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are quoted in Indian Rupees. You are responsible for paying all fees charged by or for LSSSDC and applicable taxes in a timely manner with a payment mechanism associated with the applicable paid Services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees using other collection mechanisms. Fees may vary based on your location and other factors, and LSSSDC reserves the right to change any fees at any time at its sole discretion. Any change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting through the relevant section on the website of LSSSDC. Refunds may be available for paid Services as described in our Refund Policy.
Modifying and Terminating our Services
We are constantly changing and improving our Service offerings. We may add or remove functions, features, or requirements, and we may suspend or stop part of our Services altogether. Accordingly, LSSSDC may terminate your use of any Service for any reason. If your use of a paid Service is terminated, a refund may be available under our Refund Policy. We may not be able to deliver the Services to certain regions or countries for various reasons, including due to applicable export control requirements or internet access limitations and restrictions from governments. None of LSSSDC, its Content Providers and instructors, its contributors, sponsors, government bodies, and other business partners, and their employees, contractors, and other agents (the "LSSSDC Parties") shall have any liability to you for any such action. You can stop using our Services at any time, although we'll be sorry to see you go.
THE SERVICES AND ALL INCLUDED CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE LSSSDC PARTIES SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. THE LSSSDC PARTIES FURTHER DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RELATED TO YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY RELATED CONTENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ANY ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR SUCH CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE LSSSDC PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM: (A) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; (B) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY PARTY OTHER THAN THE APPLICABLE LSSSDC PARTY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT; OR (C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE, OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT OR INFORMATION. IN NO EVENT SHALL LSSSDC'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATED TO THE SERVICES EXCEED ONE HUNDRED INDIAN RUPEES (INR100) OR THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES RECEIVED BY LSSSDC FROM YOU FOR THE USE OF PAID SERVICES DURING THE PAST THREE MONTHS, WHICHEVER IS GREATER.
YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the LSSSDC Parties and their directors or employees or agents from any and all claims, liabilities, expenses, and damages, including reasonable legal fee and costs, made by any third party related to: (a) your use or attempted use of the LSSSDC’s services/ applications/ content in violation of these Terms; (b) your violation of any law or rights of any third party; or (c) User Content, including without limitation any claim of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
LSSSDC shall not be liable for failure to perform, or the delay in performance of, any of its obligations if, and to the extent that, such failure or delay is caused by events substantially beyond the its control, including but not limited to acts of God, acts of the public enemy or governmental body in its sovereign or contractual capacity, war, terrorism, floods, fire, strikes, epidemics, civil unrest or riots, power outage, and/or unusually severe weather
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Website/ web application (Daksh) and other mobile applications are managed by LSSSDC, which is located in Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, Delhi, India. You agree that any dispute related to these Terms will be governed by the laws of India, excluding its conflicts of law provisions. You further consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the Delhi Court as the legal forum for any such dispute.
In case of any disputes, you consent to use the best efforts to settle amicably any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of, or relating to these terms or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof. Where the parties wish to seek such a settlement through arbitration conducted by mutually appointed sole Arbitrator in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996. The venue and seat of the arbitration shall be New Delhi, India and the language for arbitration shall be in English. The award of arbitration shall be binding on the parties.
Revisions to the Terms
We reserve the right to revise the Terms at our sole discretion at any time. Any revisions to the Terms will be effective immediately upon posting by us. For any material changes to the Terms, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of such changes, via a banner on the website, email notification, another method, or combination of methods. In all cases, your continued use of the Services after publication of such changes, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of the revised Terms.
If it turns out that a particular provision of these Terms is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms. If you do not comply with these Terms, and we do not take immediate action, this does not indicate that we relinquish any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
LSSSDC's Content Providers, and integrated services providers are third party beneficiaries of the Terms and may enforce those provisions of the Terms that relate to them.
Applicable Reference Policies
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Copyright and Trademark Infringement Policy
- Refund Policy
- Code of Conduct
Acceptable Use Policy
Effective: July 3, 2020
LSSSDC's mission is to provide access to the best vocational education. We also want to make sure that all of our users and instructors feel safe and comfortable while using our learning portals and mobile applications. We have drafted this Policy to ensure that people understand and follow the rules when participating in our online community and e-learning using our Services.
We may remove or edit inappropriate content or activity identified by or reported to us or suspend, disable, or terminate a user's access to all or part of the e-learning portals and web/ mobile applications
You are prohibited from using our Services to share content that:
- Contains illegal content or promotes illegal activities with the intent to commit such activities. Please keep in mind that users who are as young as 13 use LSSSDC, and we do not allow content that is inappropriate for these younger users.
- Contains credible threats or organizes acts of real-world violence. We don’t allow content that creates a genuine risk of physical injury or property damage, credibly threatens people or public safety, or organizes or encourages harm.
- Harasses others. We encourage commentary about people and matters of public interest, but abusive or otherwise inappropriate content directed at private individuals is not allowed.
- Violates intellectual property, privacy, or other rights. Do not share content that you do not have the right to share, claim content that you did not create as your own, or otherwise infringe or misappropriate someone else’s intellectual property or other rights. Always attribute materials used or quoted by you to the original copyright owner.
- Spams others. Do not share irrelevant or inappropriate advertising, promotional, or solicitation content.
You also aren't allowed to:
- Do anything that violates local, state, national, or international law or breaches any of your contractual obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Share your password, let anyone access your account, or do anything that might put your account at risk.
- Attempt to access any other user's account.
- Reproduce, transfer, sell, resell, or otherwise misuse any content from our e-learning portal/ website, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of our systems, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Break or circumvent our authentication or security measures or otherwise test the vulnerability of our systems or networks, unless specifically authorized to do so.
- Try to reverse engineer any portion of our website, e-learning portal and mobile application.
- Try to interfere with any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, spamming, or mail-bombing.
- Use our website, e-learning portal and mobile application to distribute malware.
- Use our website, e-learning portal and mobile application or any functionality of the LSSSDC platform for anything other than for completing online courses.
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
- Encourage or help anyone do any of the things on this list.
The description of courses are given on the website and by enrolling the course you declare to have read the course outcome and duration and agreement to join the bath as per LSSSDC’s program schedule, which will be intimated to you in advance. Payment is required in advance (i.e. before you commence your programme). All Fees quoted are in Indian Rupees. The LSSSDC reserves the right to change the fees at any time.
We cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the correct LSSSDC account due to you quoting an incorrect account number or incorrect personal details. Neither can we accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the Bank/ credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
If the Bank/ card supplier declines payment the LSSSDC is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
In no event will the LSSSDC be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
The description of courses are specific to you (i.e. Programme Name, start and end date etc.) when you log in with your unique password. You agree to access the course on the E-learning platform offered by LSSSDC through your authorised user ID for a defined period. And LSSSDC has rights to revoke your access anytime during the program in case of any misconduct or fraudulent activity or any other reasons provided by LSSSDC to you at the time of revocation.
User Acceptance for enrolment in LSSSDC’s Programs:
- I hereby declare that above-mentioned information is true to the best of my knowledge.
- For any incorrect information, I can be penalized as per proceedings of LSSSDC.
- I hereby declare to abide by the code of conduct of LSSSDC and can be penalize for any violation as per proceedings of LSSSDC.
- Under placement assistance I am ready accept offer from any industry across India.
- I have understood that the fees paid is non-refundable, non-transferable.
Copyright and Trademark Infringement Policy
Effective as of July 3, 2020
LSSSDC respects the intellectual property rights of our Content Providers, instructors, and other third parties and expects our users to do the same when using the Services. We reserve the right to suspend, disable, or terminate the accounts of users who infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights of others.
If you believe in good faith that materials on the LSSSDC portals/ software applications infringe your copyright, the Copyright act 1957 and Copyright rules 1958 provides that you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it blocked.
The notice must include the following information:
- the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or, if multiple copyrighted works located on the LSSSDC’s portal and software applications are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow LSSSDC to locate the material on its portal and software applications;
- the name, address, telephone number, and email address (if available) of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the Copyright act 1957 and Copyright rules 1958. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the portal and software applications can either be sent:
- via mail: CEO, Life Sciences Sector Skill Development Council, 14, Palam Marg, 2nd Floor rear, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi- 110057, India
- via email: secretariat@LSSSDC.IN
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a notice. Also, be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the Copyright act 1957 and Copyright rules 1958.
LSSSDC also respects the trademark rights of others. Accounts with any other content that misleads others or violates another's trademark may be updated, suspended, disabled, or terminated by LSSSDC in its sole discretion. If you are concerned that someone may be using your trademark in an infringing way on our portal and software applications, please email us at secretariat@LSSSDC.IN, and we will review your complaint. If we deem appropriate, we may remove the offending content, warn the individual who posted the content, and/or temporarily or permanently suspend or disable the individual’s account.
Effective as of July 3, 2020
For details on our refund deadlines and policies, please refer to the information below. Please note that our policies differ between subscription payments and one-time payments made for course, fellowship programs and members, and that payment options may vary from one Service to another. Please also note that we treat violations of our Terms & conditions and Code of Conduct very seriously, and we have no obligation to offer refunds to users who violate these terms, even if their requests are made within the designated refund period. Similarly, we have no obligation to offer any refunds to users who do not receive a passing mark in the Content Offering, or who are otherwise unsatisfied with their final grade or placement assistance.
For more information about our refund process, including instructions for requesting a refund, please write to us at info@LSSSDC.IN .
For One-time Course and Fellowship related Purchases
The fee paid for One-time course / fellowship program is Non-refundable. If you cancel your paid enrolment for a standalone course, LSSSDC will not refund your fee paid even if the course is not started or the subscription confirmation for fellowship program is not received by applicant/customer.
If the fees is paid in error for a different program, LSSSDC can adjust the fees against the correct program, provided the customer has to inform the same within 48 hours of transaction. Balance amount can be adjusted for a subsequent program or refunded. The refund of the balance amount will be processed within 14 days of successful enrolment in the correct program. Such refund will only be made to the bank/debit/credit card used for the original transaction.
For avoidance doubt, once you have enrolled in a Course/ fellowship program with your payment, you are not eligible for a refund even if it is within 14 days.
In case, you do not complete the Course Certificate within permissible duration of the batch, your registration will expire and you will need to pay to re-enrol for the course. However, if you’re taking a course through your company or organization (fee is paid by company / LSSSDC is offering program under an agreement with an organization) then you can earn your certificate as long as your company's agreement with LSSSDC is active and your access has not expired in accordance with the terms of that agreement. Similarly, refunds and cancellations will also be governed by the terms of that agreement between your organization and LSSSDC.
If you exit from the enrolled program before completion of your Program duration, you shall not be entitled to a refund of Tuition Fees/ Program Fee.
For Other Paid Services
Except as described in this Refund Policy or as explicitly stated as part of the sign-up process for an offering (program content/ service) from LSSSDC, LSSSDC has no obligation to provide refunds or vouchers for any other offerings (program content/ service).
Third Party Marketplaces
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you purchase or subscribe for a course or fellowship program, through a third party marketplace (e.g., in-app purchases through the Apple App Store/ Google Play or purchases made through certain alternative payment services or through a retail distributors), the refund policy applicable to that third party marketplace will apply, unless otherwise explicitly stated by LSSSDC. Except as otherwise explicitly stated by LSSSDC, the third party marketplace will be solely responsible for making refunds under its refund policy, and LSSSDC will have no refund obligations. LSSSDC disclaims any responsibility or liability related to any third party marketplace's refund policy or the third party's compliance or noncompliance with such policy.
Code of Conduct
Effective as of July 3, 2020
All students participating in the programs offered by LSSSDC must agree to abide by the following code:
- I will register for only one account, unless expressly permitted to register for additional accounts by LSSSDC.
- My answers to homework, quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments will be my own work (except for assignments that explicitly permit collaboration).
- I will not make solutions to homework, quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments available to anyone else (except to the extent an assignment explicitly permits sharing solutions). This includes both solutions written by me, as well as any solutions provided by the Instructors/Coordinators or others.
- I will not engage in any other activities that will dishonestly improve my results or dishonestly improve or hurt the results of others.
- I will not copy / share the course content provided to me for a stipulated duration as informed by LSSSDC team.
- I will not allow anyone other than myself to access the content/ webinars/ other information provided to me as a beneficiary of the program
- I will not involve myself into any unlawful/ indecent/ inappropriate act during the period of engagement of the program as well as during the live webinars
- In case, I am offered an apprenticeship/ placement opportunity by LSSSDC, I will be open to relocate for joining and will not be claiming any right to get a local placement (apprenticeship/ permanent placement) in my native city/ village